CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Hectic Weekend

So, I had an audition tonight for a role in The Music Man. I think it was my best audition to date, but I didn't really get any feedback from the director. He showed no emotion whatsoever, and requested that I not look at him while I sang. I was fine with that. Looking at the auditioner while I'm singing gets me nervous. This time, though, I was more excited than nervous, and nailed my song ("The Wizard and I" from Wicked). Also, when I walked in, the guy who handed me the paperwork to fill out said he recognized me from last time I auditioned there, which was before school even started in August of last year. I'm taking that to be a good thing, though I'm not too sure.

Anyway, my muscles are doing better. My left hip still hurts for some reason, but that's ok. I guess Tinkerbelle fell at school last Friday during work, and hurt her neck, so she asked me, someone who was in equal pain as her, to drive her to an appointment she had with some real estate guy. He was helping her study for the real estate test, and she assured me it would only take an hour. She also promised she'd buy everyone lunch, so I didn't eat anything. The good news is, I got my math homework done. The bad news is, we were there for four hours. I know it was good for her to get that help she needed, but I hadn't had anything to eat since 7 or 8 that morning, and didn't eat anything else until 5. Needless to say, I was a little frustrated.

Kohl is getting so big! Yesterday Mickey and I were playing with him and he jumped up and over the arm of the couch in our family room to get to a toy! He did almost fall, but he made it, and got the toy. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that he can jump so high. He's smart, and it's only a matter of time until he finds a way to get on top of the counter. A couple of weeks ago, Tinkerbelle went to feed her boyfriend's cats while he was out of town, and Kohl wanted to come with her (he's getting very clingy lately, and we have to race to get out of the house before he follows us outside). I held him until Tinkerbelle left, and she said to him, "You can't come, you don't have a collar on." Later on I left for something, and when I came home, Momma told me that Kohl had grabbed his collar and taken it to her so she could put it on. Once it was on, he ran to the front door and looked at her like, "Ok, I have a collar. Can I go outside now?" I really wish I would've been there to see it. Anyway, it's a testmant to how smart he's getting! All of his personality is conveyed through his eyes. Anytime he looks at you, you can tell what he's thinking, it's ADORABLE!!

So I'm hoping to hear back on this audition sometime this week. Hopefully I'll get a part!! Obviously I can't play Marian, as I couldn't sing her vocal range to save my life! It's too bad there's no other real female leads who aren't older. Oh, well. Even being in the background in one of my favorite musicals would be AWSOME! Cross your fingers for me, and I let ya know how I did...

0 comments: