CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

An...Interesting Morning

OK, so this morning I got to sleep in a little bit because I didn't have to go to English class today. We're working on a paper in that class and in order to get to us all to help us with our rough drafts, she splits up in half. One half comes in Tuesday, the other comes in Thursday. I went in on Tuesday. So anyway, I wake up at about 7:30 and start to get ready. I watched some tv, ate breakfast, played with Kohl, and packed up my stuff to go. I didn't have to leave until 11:00 but I headed out at 10:50 to put my mondo-sized back pack in the passenger seat of my car and bring the mail back in for my mom.

So I get out there, unlock the passenger door (I'm not blessed with automatic locks and have to unlock each door manually), and place my things inside....only to find that my glove compartment is open and everything inside is strewn about the passenger side. I not-so-gently shoved everything back inside and closed the compartment, then headed over to get the mail. Momma was at the door, holding Kohl, so I decided to ask her if Tinkerbelle or Poppa, who had both left earlier in the morning, had gone inside my car for something. She said that she didn't think so, and asked why I was asking. I told her about the glove compartment.

She came outside and came to see what I was talking about. Luckily the registration and insurance card was still there, and I always keep my ID with me, so no one got that. I figured that I'd probably left the door unlocked and whoever got inside had accidently locked the door behind him on the way out. It's easy to do. If you lean against the lock on the inside of the door, you can lock your keys inside the car without realizing it. Poppa's done this many, many times (It's only happened to me once, knock on wood). So I got into my car to drive to class, and noticed that the center consol, which folds open to provide cupholders for the passengers in back, was open, and some change that had been there before was missing. Hmm....strange, right?

Well, I figured it was only change, and I headed off to school. As I was heading down the hill outside our neighborhood, I heard a strange noise that sounded oddly like wind, and promptly pulled over to check it out.

My back passenger door was slightly ajar.

It was then that I remembered that I'd accidently left it unlocked, and had kept promising myself all week to lock it. Well, obviously I never did, because this is how the theif got into my car, and from there accessed my glove compartment and cupholders, also spreading some books I've kept back there since last semester to the floor in the process. Then the person hadn't closed the door all the way as they were leaving. Man, theives are messy! My car is filled to the brim with trash, and I still managed to notice that someone had broken in and that things weren't right. How totally wrong is that?

Anyway, just to be sure, I texted Poppa and Tinkerbelle and asked if they'd gone into my car this morning. Both of them said no, and promptly called me to get all the details. Of course, in the spirit of family, they called at the exact same time, and I hung up on Tink by accident...

Now, Poppa thinks we should file a police report. Oh, yay. I hate filing police reports (and I have done it before. That is a VERY long story). I did concider doing it this morning but concidering I walked into theatre class about ten minutes late anyway, I'm glad I didn't do it just then. Besides, there was no damage, and I'm sure the police can't do anything anyway, but it'll be nice to get the report out there.

So, yeah, that's how my morning went. Exciting huh? Well, for me it is. Nothing like this ever happens to me!

0 comments: