CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Legally Blonde the Musical

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to see Legally Blonde the Musical. Well, I did. We just got back a few hours ago. It really was a blast, and I'd actually love to go see it again. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive at first. I mean, Legally Blonde isn't the kind of thing you would expect to see on the Broadway stage. I loved the movie, though, so I was willing to give it a chance.

Plus, it's a Broadway show, so...duh! Of course I'm going to go see it!

The show started out with a song called Ohmigodyouguys. Which has to be one of the most annoying songs ever in any Broadway show I've ever seen or heard. Luckily for me, the rest of the songs were actually pretty good, and the story very closely followed the movie (with a few script changes here and there to accomodate the stage). Unfortunately for me, it seemed to be the show's freaking theme song, and they liked to stick it in there whenever they got the chance. The song Ireland was fairly amusing, and since it had an Irish sound to it, I liked it. And of course, there was a song titled Legally Blonde, which surprisingly didn't even show up until act two.

The highlight was Bend and Snap though. Yes, they made an entire song and dance out of the one scene in the movie. And yes, it does in fact end with Paulette breaking the UPS guy's nose (he's named Kyle in the show, but I can't remember if he had that name in the movie). She ends the song with a lovely little "Oh, crap!" It's funny.

It seemed like a lot of the cast had a cold though. Emmette in particular (played by a very cute actor named Nic Rouleau) missed a lot of his notes. And it's not like it wasn't noticable; he was very clearly falling just flat of hitting his notes. Most of the cast seemed to be like this, but it was Emmette who was the most noticable.

And may I just mention one thing?

The men in this production? HOT!

H-O-T, hot. Smoking, really. It was fun to watch, just for that alone.

There's a scene in the very beginning of the play, when Elle is trying to study for the LSATs to get into Harvard, where all these frat boys appear on stage to announce that there's this big party. They're all very cute...and very, very shirtless.

Again, HOT.

All in all, I had a nice night! I just wish Tinkerbelle had enjoyed it more. Apparently she had a headache. She just didn't seem that into it. Which is a shame, since she was the one who invited me. *shrug* Oh, well. She did laugh a few times, so I suppose it wasn't a total loss.

0 comments: