CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

I saw it last night (opening day), and I absolutely loved it! I'm a huge fan of the books and I own all but the first two (which I should really go buy at some point). I liked the first two movies, but after the third one the quality of the movies went down a bit. I understand it's hard to get everything exactly the same as it is in the book, but by the time it hit the fourth movie, the movies had strayed quite a bit from the books.

So, when I heard that they weren't going to cut anything out of the seventh movie, I was so excited I could've literally peed myself. They split it up into two movies, so that they could keep everything from the book. I saw the first part in theaters, then saw the second part just last night.

I wasn't originally going to go see it this close to opening day, but my cousin wanted to see it and is going to Hawaii tonight, so he invited Mickey and I to go see it with him and a friend of his. I have to say, that movie had some of the best graphics, and everything looked realistic even in 3D. I loved the story from the book, and the movie followed fairly faithfully besides a few edits here and there (for example, the final battle in the book takes place in the Great Hall for the most part, but in the movie it's spread out to the entire castle and even onto the grounds), and some dialogue was added, but it only made it a bit more epic in my opinion. One of the only issues I had with the movie was that, if someone had only seen the movies and not read the books, they would probably have a hard time figuring out who all of these characters were. I know at one point I even looked at Tonks and said to myself, "Wait, who is this?" because she wasn't in the movies all that much after her introduction in the fifth one.

*shrug* Oh, well.

At least it kept faithful to the books.

I do have to say, however, that the ending was "semi-anti-climactic," as my cousin put it. This was the way it was in the book, too, so I'm not really complaining, but there's just something about the way the whole series ends that just leaves me wanting more from the final battle. I felt this way reading the book, too, so it's not the movie's fault in that respect.

All in all, I really enjoyed the movie. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys Harry Potter, and even some people who didn't like the first movies! Trust me, it's pretty epic.

0 comments: