CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School and Paint

*le gasp* School began yesterday for Mickey. We permitted her into a district 20 school, because Tinkerbelle and I went to District 11 and hated it. Plus, we all did a great job of getting the teachers at that school to hate us.

So Mickey had her first day of school yesterday. Only the freshmen came to class that day, along with a few senior class volunteers, so they could get used to the school, their classes, and their teachers without the hassles of the bigger kids there. Today was her official first day, where everyone attended, and she seemed to enjoy it, so that's good.

So, Momma and I spent all day painting Tinkerbelle's old room. Tinkerbelle moved into the basement (right outside my room), because she's started paying rent and it wasn't fair for her to live in such a small room. Mickey's taking her old room, and we're converting Mickey's old room into an office/game room. It's been a hectic few weeks getting everything moved down into the basement from Tinkerbelle's room, which now looks rather good. I will never know how Tinkerbelle shoved all of that stuff into her old room. It barely fits in the old family room!

Anyway, Momma and I spent all day painting the old room, which Tinkerbelle had painted BARNEY PURPLE shortly after we moved into this house. It was a dark color that never looked good, but she liked it, so that was ok...I guess. Of course, whenever her door was open, the entire hallway outside the room reflected the inside, turning the hallway red. So how do you paint over a dark color in Caribbean Sunshine yellow (the color of the room now)? Well, only one paint will do it, and that's the new paint from Behr, the one with the primer already mixed inside it. Let me tell you, that is good paint. Really good paint, because we thought we'd have to paint like three or four coats on just to cover up the ugly purple underneath, but it only took two, just like with regular paint on a white wall. I gotta say, I was impressed!

Now my arms hurt, though, because the ceiling in the room was alot taller than the ceilings in Tinkerbelle's new room (which I also helped to paint), so I had to go "extendo-arm" to reach the top, or drag a chair around the room behind me. I almost knocked myself out with the fan, which was running cause we were hot in that room, but other than that, it's been a good day.

Just to give you an idea of how much work we did, and how good that paint is: we went from this color to this color in one day with two coats of paint.

Behr Premium Paint: a must buy!!

0 comments: