CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A GREAT week!!

So I performed in my class play last Thursday, and just finished with my last class on Tuesday. Yesterday I went to see my career advisor, who is also my Theatre teacher, to talk about classes for fall semester. The play went well, the class went well, and the meeting went well. On Sunday I'm going out with the guy I'm dating to see Spamalot. Finally, I am in a good mood!!!!

After what seems like months of being depressed, I am HAPPY! I'm still stressed out, sure, and worrying over money issues, but right now, I am truely in a good mood for the first time in a long time. Finally!

The play was a part of something called the Student Showcase, a series of productions put on by the theatre classes at PPCC at the end of every semester. My class did a 20 minute production (which was actually a little long. It was only supposed to be 10-15. Oh well.) called The Ugly Duckling. I played the character of Carlo, who is actually a man, and I had a BLAST! Who knew it would be so fun to play a guy? A stupid guy at that. When asked what has four legs and meows like a cat, my character enthusiastically replies "A dog!" So yeah, it was alot of fun. Plus, it was the first speaking part I've performed in front of my family, which is exciting. They seemed surprised that I could act so well, and I think they may have a little more faith in my decision to major in theatre. That's good, because I need all the encouragement I can get.

My last class was, of course, Theatre. We took one final quiz, wrote a final paper and gave a group hug. The class is usually around an hour and fifteen minutes, but we were only there for about fourty-five minutes. And I got a DVD of the performance we put on. Woot! Yes, I have watched it, and I can't even recognize myself. My voice sounds alot deeper in recordings....how weird is that?

The meeting was only about a half-hour of my advisor/theatre professor telling me what classes I could take now that I've passed English 121, and what classes I still had to take since I haven't passed Math 030. Unfortunately there's alot more math needed to graduate. Well, crap. He also said I could take playwriting if I wanted to this semester. That would mean taking Acting I and Playwriting instead of English 122, which I am seriously concidering. I liked English this semester but that was only because the teacher ROCKED! Other english teachers at PPCC are so frickin' serious about their subject, I mean to the point that they become Nazis. It's rediculous! Oh, well, maybe playwriting will be different...

And Spamalot on Sunday=TOTAL EXCITEMENT!!

Spamalot is the musical version of the very stupid and funny movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I like musicals so much that I like Spamalot better than Holy Grail. Many Pythonites out there probably want to hurt me now, but that's just me!

Anyway, I got a new outfit consisting of a cute little dress and shoes with heels higher and thinner than anything I've ever worn in my life. Hopefully I won't die while walking around. I'm not exactly coordinated while walking in heels. Oh, crap and I just thought of this: I've never made it through a date with this guy without making an ass out of myself... The first time we met, Poppa took Momma, me and him out to lunch, where I promptly dropped a fry in my drink, squirted katsup all over the table, and dribbled soda on myself. When the two of us went to lunch last week, I dropped my straw wrapper in my drink, squirted bbq sauce all over the table, and dribbled soda on myself. Now I've gotta walk in heels in front of him. Oh, this should be fun...

Anyway, just thought I'd catch everyone up on my life. Not that anyone really reads this blog...

Gotta go. It's almost noon and I'm not dressed. Jeeze, last week at this time I was in class! This is gonna take some getting used to!

0 comments: