CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Job Woes

Poppa keeps asking me if I will go to Texas with him and Momma if they decide to move there. I keep saying I don't know, because honestly, I don't. I don't want to move out of Colorado Springs, but I don't want to stay here by myself because I can't find a job and move into an apartment. Also, I've found reasons to stay here a little longer...

Of course, I know that they'll eventually have to sell the house. It sucks, but it's going to happen. Momma says that there's no real reason to stay here because Poppa can't find a good truck driving job, and because driving is what he's done for the last 15 years, it's really all he knows how to do. It's the only job he's got any credentials for, but apparently Colorado seems to think they don't need truck drivers at all. Yeah, good luck getting EVERYTHING you need without semi trucks bringing them to you!! I mean, really, how dumb is that concept? On Thursday, I heard some chick say that she hated semi trucks because she was being stupid and almost hit one, and was wondering why we needed them anyway. Typical Colorado Springs mentality nowadays.

I've been applying for jobs all over the fricken city, but apparently I don't fit the "criteria" of what they're looking for in an employee. What the hell does that mean I don't fit the criteria? What criteria are they looking for? In the same week Target is asking Tinkerbelle to start training for work early because they don't have enough employees, I get a letter from them saying I didn't get a job. They want her to start two weeks early because of a lack of employees, and I'm not what they're looking for? Tell me how that makes any sense whatsoever!! I mean, I've done cashier work before, and I'm a polite person. It makes no sense to me at all why I can't find a job in this town.

Maybe it wouldn't piss me off so much, except for the fact that I've filled something like 20 applications out for Target in the last 2 years, and nothing. Tinkerbelle is the same. On the day she got the job, she was in a mood and put under the ethnicity line that she was of Hispanic decent. Not two days later, she got a call saying she'd got the job. 20 applications in 2 years and she gets the job after putting Hispanic down on the ethnicity line? No, nuh-uh, that's bull! I'm sorry, but I think that we should have been able to sue Target for racism! Unfortunately we didn't have any proof and she got the job, so there was no real reason to do it. But as I said before, I was there with her when we filled out the apps, and I put Caucasian under the ethnicity line. The result: another rejection letter.

Poppa told me that if I could get a job and pay him some rent we could be one step closer to saving the house. Unfortunatly everyone in this city is ignorant and won't hire a loyal employee with good work ethic. Every time I walk into a store nowadays, everyone is just standing around doing God knows what while I'm waiting for someone to check me out (sounds wrong, I know). I can tell you right now, that I was always there for a customer even if I was doing something else at the time they came to the register. Both Tinkerbelle and I have good work experience and great work ethic, and we've not once shown up late or taken sick days without being sick. And we're always there for the customers. Why can she get a job and I can't?

I've filled out applications on craigslist in NYC just to see if I could get a job there, and already I've recieved 2 letters of interest from two employers out there. They're willing to do a phone or webcam interview with me whenever I'm available!!! How can it be that I can get job offers from a city 2,000 miles away, but no one here will even give me the time of day. Over 100 applications filled out around Colorado Springs, and not even an interview. No more than 6 from NYC employers and 2 are willing to interview with me after a week. Tell me how that makes any sense? Maybe I'll just work and live out there. I wanted to anyways, but not so soon. I would have liked to finish school first, but I'm not sure if I would be qualified to. Hint of sarcasm there.

OK, I'm done ranting now. I've got lines to study and a dance to practice. I need to get offline and try to get an education. I guess I'll worry about getting a job later...

0 comments: